Friday, September 24, 2010

mayberry.days

For all of you non-North Carolinians that are not familiar with Mt. Airy...it is the fictional home of the Andy Griffith Show; and for all of you that are not familiar with the Andy Griffith Show...it is a black and white TV show set in the 1960's that still runs to this day.  I grew up to watching the show every evening with my parents...my Dad loves the show and even quotes certain episodes. 
Today, my mom, Sawyer, and I went to Mt. Airy for the 50th annual Mayberry Days.  We had fun walking through downtown, took a train ride tour, and ate at the Blue Bird dinner, where we had the best banana sundae and orangeade.
Sawyer's first train ride

The three of us in downtown Mt. Airy...it was very sunny!

Andy Griffith and Barney Fife..the main characters

Sawyer and the patrol car.

No comments:

Post a Comment