Wednesday, September 8, 2010

litchfield.by.the.sea

Sunday night my mom, Sawyer, and I headed down to Litchfield...we left Raleigh at 9:00pm and arrived at 12:50pm...with no potty breaks...no coffee..two milkshakes...and one sleepy baby.  Sawyer slept the entire way, even through the red light we ran!
Litchfield is my favorite place on Earth!  We have been coming to Litchfield since I was 4 months old.  This is the place where I learned to swim in the pool and ocean...the place where I would ride a banana bike for hours...the place I have stubbed my toes more times than you can count...the place I have celebrated many birthdays...the place where I illegally fed a wild alligator a whole chicken...the place where I learned to cast the fishing rod, but would not touch my "big catch."...and the place where I learned to drive a car.  I cannot wait for Sawyer to have similar memories at Litchfield!

The most relaxing and beautiful place on Earth.

Day 1

Napping in Grammie's bed
Spending time at the beach

Sawyer loved playing in the pool.  We staying in the pool for 45 minutes!
River City Cafe is one of our favorite restaurants...it's a place where peanut shells cover the floor.  Sawyer was determined to have a couple of peanuts himself.

Ellis and Sawyer watching football on the TV at River City. 
Sawyer is a true man...he loves TV!

Day 2
On Tuesday we enjoyed a lazy day...we did not even make it to the pool until 2:00pm. I can now tell that I am a mommy, because one year ago I would have been on the beach at 10:00am! After relaxing at the pool for a couple of hours we came back to the house to freshen up before heading out to dinner.
Tuesday morning, we walked to the local Piggly Wiggly grocery store. 
 If you look closely at the bottom of the stroller, you will see our groceries!

Drunken Jack's was my favorite restaurant as a child...the wait was always ridiculously long, but we thought since there was only 2 in our party the wait would be short.  Ummmm NO, the wait was 1 hour 45 minutes...yes you read that correctly...1 hour 45 minutes, and all we wanted was the salad bar. 
So we got take-out!

We enjoyed our Drunken Jack's take-out salad bar on the deck by the ocean, while Sawyer took a nap. 
After dinner, we headed back to the grocery store to pick up the frozen items that would have melted on our morning walk.

Day 3
My dad arrived late Tuesday night...we had a relaxing morning with mom's homemade bread and cinnamon rolls.  The girls went shopping at the Pawley's Island shops before heading out to the beach. 
Sawyer enjoying his morning play time with Pop

Napping by the pool


Sawyer relaxing on the beach!

Day 4
We did not have any picture worthy moments today...we spent the day on the beach and ate dinner at home...a yummy local SC vegetable dinner. Only one more day til Daddy comes!

Day 5
What a busy day it has been...and we still have guests to arrive!!  Our day began with Mommy's favorite place for breakfast....Cracker Barrel.


Sawyer's first of many trips to Cracker Barrell!

Mommy's breakfast...Sunrise Special

Next, we headed to Broadway at the Beach in North Mrytle.


Then, Sawyer experienced...
We had perfect weather on the beach this afternoon.  Sawyer falls asleep on our walk to the beach and takes his afternoon nap in the sun tent.  After he woke up we had a mini photo shoot.
My favorite picture of Sawyer!
We are waiting on Daddy, Ellis, and Aunt Sarah to arrive...more pictures to come!!!

Day 6
Daddy and Tucker are here!!!  Aunt Sarah, Ellis, Tucker, and Ragan arrived last night.  We enjoyed a perfect day at the beach and a great dinner at Gilligand's.

Daddy and Sawyer sitting in the shade

Tucker loves to dig in the sand

Family Photo
US!
Sarah and Ellis
Grammie and Pop
Daddy had to take Sawyer outside during dinner for the first time.
He was a little fussy, but was great once the food arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment